WDCS Event Organiser:
The following is a tick list of tasks to be completed when organising events for WDCS.
- Book event / venue. ( )
- (When booking), does the venue have their own written Public Liability Insurance (PL)? (Obtain evidence). (Y / N)
- Book coach for travelling to venue and ensure coach company has PL Insurance (if applicable). ( )
- Complete Risk Assessment form (RA) and fwd to Chair / Vice Chair of WDCS 4 weeks prior to the planned event). Submit event announcement to WDCS Secretary for inclusion in WDCS Flier. ( )
- Ensure event is included in the 'Forthcoming Events' circular – which is distributed with the flier by the secretary.
Ensure deadlines for responses to events are included and workable, replies to go to event -organiser. ( )
- “Chase” replies using the WDCS member database (ring rounds, follow up emails e.t.c.). ( )
- Confirm numbers with venue (if applicable). ( )
- Agree payment method with venue and update treasurer (if applicable). ( )
- Book refreshments (if applicable). ( )
- Ensure money is collected, recorded, signed for and passed to treasurer for banking (if applicable). ( )
- One week before event remind the secretary to send reminder text messages of the forthcoming event to the WDCS database. ( )
- The Register - complete an attendance record on the day of the event & pass to secretary when complete.( )
- Deliver Risk Briefing on the day (if applicable). ( )
- Pay the venue. ( )
- Update press / NDCS of a successful event before and / or after the event. ( )
Tick in brackets above as tasks completed.
Below is a form available from the treasurer to show what money is handed over to the treasurer to bank from each "pay for" event.